In April 2017 news hit the streets that Mercy Aigbe’s marriage was rocked by domestic violence allegations.
Well, fast forward to last weekend where the fashionista actress attended an event at Ilesha in Osun state, she might just have given a hint that things are about to get better between her and her estranged husband Lanre Gentry as she was spotted wearing her wedding ring.
Sources close to Allure Vanguard say she just might be returning to her ex-husband. According to the magazine, severally efforts have been made to reconcile both parties but have met brick walls until recently.
Reliable sources close to the camp of Mercy Aigbe have correlated with the comments made by Allure Vanguard, saying that the actress is planning to go back to her husband but not without better terms and conditions for her return.
Pulse reached out to Mercy Aigbe’s publicist to confirm the report. Her publicist is yet to release a statement to Pulse on the issue.
Mercy Aigbe moved out of her matrimonial home with her two children and moved into an apartment in Magodo after an alleged domestic violence in their matrimonial home.
It would be recalled that blogger Linda Ikeji had reported of the long time domestic violence been experienced by Mercy Aigbe and how it had only gotten worse.
She also reported that her nasty fight had gotten to the point where the actress had to be admitted to an undisclosed hospital.
The actress after the incident, took to her Instagram page where she put up a photo of a battered woman writing, “Say no to domestic violence. Only a Coward hits a woman! REAL MEN don’t HIT!“.
Her husband also went on the defensive with a post “say No to the promiscuous and irresponsible women.“
We can cast our minds back as this wasn’t the first time domestic violence allegations have trailed Mercy Aigbe’s marriage. In 2013, it was reported that Mercy Aigbe was beaten up by her husband at a public event.
However, the estranged husband of Mercy Aigbe had on June, 2017 come out publicly to say he was tired of the back and forth relationship between him and his wife as he would love to make peace with her. According to him, he still loves her and would love for them to end their public spat for the sake of their children.
- Hon. Omogbolahan Alaba is a Business Development Manager at Realxtremely Media Network. He is passionate for broadcasting and narrowcasting information over the internet. He is a politician, computer guru, IT Specialist and public speaker. Contact: Gbolahan@realxtremely.com
You may also like
- Celebrities2017.12.18Pop singer, Davido finally reconciles with Dele Momodu
- Celebrities2017.12.16What’s do you think about this Church that allow Adekunle Gold, Omawumi, Waje to minister at Carol service? (Photos)
- More2017.12.16New Music | Yetunde Are Ft. Ccioma – Okaka
- News2017.12.16FG charged aged Nigerians require social welfare