Sunday Are will not talk about issue with Tekno for this reason
Sunday Are will not be speaking about the issue he had with Tekno and apparently, it’s for the music industry’s good.
The manager said this during a talk with Punch, adding that he would not be addressing the incident that took place at the “One Africa Music Fest.”
Bella Naija reports that sources had claimed that Wizkid got punched on the nose although none of those involved made comments on the issue.
You would recall that Davido had shared a cryptic post where he said he would always defend Tekno.
During the Interview, Are said the music industry would be unhappy if he speaks about what happened.
He added that what was reported was not what had taken place and that no artiste in Nigeria has ever disrespected him.
Are was sure to note that he wishes Tekno well, just as he wished every other African musician.
He said: “Initially I did not want to say anything about the issue I had with Tekno at the ‘One Africa Music Fest’ because if I speak, the industry would not be happy about what happened.
“I just want to be silent on the matter because what actually happened was more or less like the quarrel of a father and son in the house. When a father has a problem with his child in a house, that is when the child will do something that is not good, you scold him and it ends there.
“What people have been reading was not actually what happened. When these young boys in the industry act sometimes, it makes me remember the Yoruba proverb which says, “A child can have as many clothes as an elder but he can never have as many rags as the elder.” Also, what an elderly person sees while seated, a child cannot see it even if he climbs a skyscraper.”
Emphasising his respect for Nigerian artistes, Are added, “With all due respect to every artiste in Nigeria both old and young, what happened on that day has never happened before. No artiste in Nigeria has ever disrespected me. Every artiste in this country knows that I am always there for them and I also try my best not to disrespect any one of them.
“They can all testify to this. I always wish every music artiste the best because I stand for African entertainment. I have always wished them the best including Tekno; my happiness is for him to grow higher than he is today.”
- Hon. Omogbolahan Alaba is a Business Development Manager at Realxtremely Media Network. He is passionate for broadcasting and narrowcasting information over the internet. He is a politician, computer guru, IT Specialist and public speaker. Contact: Gbolahan@realxtremely.com
You may also like
- Celebrities2017.12.18Pop singer, Davido finally reconciles with Dele Momodu
- Celebrities2017.12.16What’s do you think about this Church that allow Adekunle Gold, Omawumi, Waje to minister at Carol service? (Photos)
- More2017.12.16New Music | Yetunde Are Ft. Ccioma – Okaka
- News2017.12.16FG charged aged Nigerians require social welfare