Over 500 die in Congo cholera outbreak – WHO

The World Health Organisation (WHO) on Tuesday said more than 500 people have so far died in cholera epidemic sweeping the Democratic Republic of Congo. The world body said in a statement that outbreaks of the water-borne disease occur regularly in Congo, mainly due to poor sanitation and the lack of access to clean drinking water. It stated that this year’s epidemic, which hit at least 10 urban areas including Kinshasa, was particularly disturbing as about 1.4 million people were displaced by violence in the central Kasai region. The WHO said…

Tell Others About This
Read More